There are numerous advantages of being a homeowner, but this title does come with some responsibilities as well. One of these includes keeping your home well-maintained. You may need to replace your roof after a certain amount of time, and this can be an expensive task. It's ideal to know the various types of materials to use to help you make the right choice and to allow your roof to last for the longest amount of time.
One of the most commonly selected materials to replace your roof is with asphalt shingles. These offer some benefits, and some of these are listed below:
1. This type of shingles is easy to install.
2. There are a wide variety of colors to choose from and brands, as well.
3. Asphalt shingles are durable and may last up to 20 years in some climates.
Additionally, using this material is one of the most cost-effective types to replace your roof. The average price per square foot for asphalt shingles is $1-$4 per square foot.
If you want a roof that is sure to stand the test of time, you will want to invest in a metal roof. The average lifespan of this roofing material is thought to be 75 years.
There are additional benefits to selecting a metal roof, and these are listed below:
1. Metal is resistant to fire, and this can allow you to add more safety to your home.
2. This type of roofing comes in long sheets, and this makes it easy to install.
3. Metal roofing can be recycled, and this makes it environmentally friendly.
The average price of metal roofing is $3-$7.50 per square foot.
If you love a more natural look, you may want to choose wooden shingles to replace your roof. This material will weather over time and turns into a beautiful gray color.
Some of the benefits of this roofing material include that it's long lasting and is thought to last for as many as 20 years. The average cost of wooden shingles is $4-$7 per square foot and this is one of the higher costing.
It's important to take the time to know what your roofing options are for you home to allow you to select the perfect material for your home. Be sure to rely on the expertise of a roofing contractor, such as Mid-Miami Roofing, Inc.